Friday, July 23, 2004

And the Two Shall Become One

Who's that?


That's me and my wife.


She's very pretty.


Thank you..I think so too.


She doesn't look like she's mad at you..


What is that supposed to mean?


You know..after all that stuff with you coming home late with that dominoe game.


Oh..that...man we moved on past that AWHILE ago.


That's good man, it's always good to see a happy couple. So many folks walking around treating each other bad and doing each other wrong these days, it's good to see a couple getting along. What do you think ya'll key is?


For us it started with finally realizing and understanding God's plan for marriage.


What does that mean?


We went to a very informative Christian marriage seminar and we really learned how the 'two, shall become one'.


That's real.


Yeah..so when you get a spiritual mate like that, you can grow together and it makes you stronger. That way, when stuff like 'the dominoe incident' happens, you're strong enough to deal with it, without it doing any damage to your relationship, because you are one.


Man! That Christian stuff must have SOMETHING to it..all of that sounds good and how it SHOULD be. I mean, a man should be able to do whatever the hell he wants to do. I'm not no Bible scholar or anything, but I KNOW that the Bible says that women are supposed to submit to men.


No..that's not what it says..it says:


12 Wives submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-25 NKJV


See! That's it right there..they supposed to DO what the man say..with EVERYTHING!! The problem with so many of these women today is that they don't want no man telling them sh't. Just cuz they make they own money, they think THEY run thangs!


I wouldn't agree with that. I don't think it's as much about money as it is about self-respect. If a woman isn't used to a man handling his business and loving her as he loves himself? Then more than likely she would be reluctant to submit to that man. But if you get you a Godly woman, who is committed to following the natural order, then the submit thing is no longer an issue, you can move on past that. The key though, cuz we learned this in that Christian marriage seminar we went to, the key is the man. It all starts with the man lining up to God and doing what he's supposed to do:


25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word. 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife, loves himself. Ephesians 5:25-28 NKJV


Yeah..I hear all that. But them women STILL need to learn how to submit.


Some do..but even more men need to learn how to submit to God's will.


Who side you on??? You sound like one of those 'feminist' type dudes?


Really?? (laughing) that's funny, a lot of my friends think I'm one of those male chauvinst type dudes.


Well..you must be man enough, you ain't had to deal with your wife still bringing up sh't like 'dominoe night'
You're right, I don't have to deal with that..but that probably has to do with the fact that I haven't played dominoes since then.(laughing)
Fo-real??


Naww..I'm just playing..uhh..well, actually, I'm not. Cuz lately all I do is read or write in all my free time.


Read or write?


Yeah..that's pretty much the life of a writer. Some folks run, lift weights and workout, I read, think and write.


That's real..I enoy reading your website, I can't wait to read your book.


Thanks bruh, I just appreciate all ya'll coming out to watch me work on my game here at Servinemup.com.