Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Made It by Marvin Sapp


Marvin Sapp is the name of the dude who sings that song I referenced in Tripping.

It’s from his album called Thirsty and the name of the song is I Made It.

I’m stronger. I’m wiser. I’m better. I’m SOO much better. I made it.

I never could have made it..without you.”


I heard this song for the first time at a funeral that I went to last week.

It was the kind of funeral where they ‘got down’ and praised the Lord.

You know a funeral is live when the ushers have to carry people out who ‘catch the Spirit’ and start falling out, hollering and screaming all over the place.

A REAL homecoming celebration.

Of course, my wife already knew this song. She stays up on the latest gospel music because she’s into praise dance choreography ministry and she just loves the Lord like that.

I tend to focus more on the Word and hardcore gospel preaching/teaching. It was my first time hearing that song at the funeral. I liked it though. I could feel it..cuz I know I’m stronger, I’m wiser and I’m SOO much better.

I made it mane.

It feels REAL good too, as all blessings do.

I just pray that everyone in the reach of these words are grinding toward your God given purpose. God’s purpose is a safe haven that God grants a promise through His Word.

"For we know that all things work together for good for those who love God. For those who are called according to his purpose" - Romans 8:28

It’s a cold cruel world out there full of wild animals seeking to devour.

I have NO IDEA how people function who don’t have the security of working towards God’s purpose in their lives.

All I know, is that that didn’t work for me.