Saturday, April 08, 2006

A Word from the Publisher

Greetings earthlings. My name is D.E. Washington and I am an ambassador visiting this planet for a little while. Planet earth is not my home, I'm just passing through. I am a saved citizen of Heaven that is operating down here in this body during this time.

Personally, I've never been to Heaven, but God has unveiled to me feats of love and a wonderful peace through Jesus Christ that made me sign up and join the Christian army.

Onward Christian soldiers, marching on to war.

That's a song, but it's still real. We are engaged in a spiritual warfare and the battle is the Lord's.

Satan's on one side trying to entice, seduce, steer as many people toward hell as he can, just cuz he's a hater like that, that's what makes him the devil.

Jesus on the other hand, is trying to save as many souls as He can. He's offering ALL of us eternal life.

Whosoever will? Let him come..

But the problem is all the demons, devils and haters that are attempting to destroy, distort and discredit the Word.

"We found the lost tomb of Jesus and he was married and had kids!!"

"They didn't even put ALL of the Bible into the Bible!! God had something else to say too!!"

So that's where it starts for me. It's not my spaceship, it's Jesus' that is ready to whisk whosoever away from sin into safety.

But whenever I try to tell people that, they call ME crazy.

Then I just reached a point where I just didn't give a damn what people thought about me.

I mean, Yeah..maybe I AM crazy!! But that doesn't mean I don't have enough sense to know that Jesus is the ONLY Way out of this world. If you ain't riding with Christ, you DIE!

Ride or die.

You can avoid it for as long as you want to, but I've learned that until you make a decision in your life about Jesus Christ, you're going to be stuck in the wilderness.

So then I get the question, "So what exactly do you DO??"

I serve ink on the block.

Servinemup Ink

I also teach Sunday School at a small Baptist church on the Southside of Houston. I teach the 12-14 year old kids, mostly boys. Hard head Southside boys if you will. Of all my students, my son is one of the few that has a daily father figure present in his life.

I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be and I know I'm doing what God wants me to do. Because I know that the dying black family that we have in our hood is rooted in our husbands and fathers and young men straying away from the Word. And the more Word you can infuse into the hood, the better our families are going to be.

I didn't teach my class of 6 this morning about any Easter bunny, Easter egg, or Easter candy. As a matter of fact, I told them that although the word 'Easter' can be found in a lot of Bible versions in Acts 12:4, the original text used Pascha, 'Passover'. And we started our lesson in Exodus 12 and read up on God's 1st institution of the Passover.

Then we flipped over into the Gospel of John 19th and 20th chapters and we read about the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you really want to know about the fulfillment of the Law, then you need to know about the Feast of the Unleavened Bread, the plagues, the requirement of a spotless lamb or goat for the blood sacrifice, the Death Angel and God's deliverance of His people from slavery.

There are a lot of preachers arguing over what day Christ was crucified. My thing is that it really doesn't matter what day He got up on the cross. The power didn't come until He came out of that borrowed tomb.

Naysayers throw out everything they can think of to discredit Christ's atoning work, but they can never knock His hustle. Jesus was all about love, there was no fault found in Him. And He opened not His mouth through all of His persecutions.

So now we're here. And the money-changers and dove-flippers in the temple of big business is trying to sell everybody the Easter Bunny and everything that goes along with it.

My thing is, if you're going to tell it, tell the truth. Be real about it. Why lie to the kids about some colored eggs??

The most important day in human history was not Christmas in my opinion. The most powerful and important day in history (in my opinion) is Resurrection Day. If you'd prefer it in Espanol, it's Resurrecion.

Some may think I've fallen off from my earlier publishing days, but quite the contrary, the ink I'm serving up is shining brighter than ever.

Happy Resurrection Day everybody!