Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Servinemup Ink Distribution Model

"Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD! And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:14-15

I’ve been getting some pretty strange emails lately...

Are you sick?

Have you quit writing??

Negro..you need to post something new!!...Shoot!!


So first let me assure everybody that I’m doing fine. I no longer feel that I have to ‘prove’ myself or my writing skills to anyone, so I guess that urgency to start on another post as soon as I’ve finished with one is no longer following me around like a cloud.

Now what I have been doing, is promoting the business of Servinemup Ink, and that is publishing. So in a lot of ways I have to take off my writer’s hat and instead put on my publisher’s hat. Working closely with the Distribution Manager, Tommy Curvey, we have been slowly but surely increasing our distributorship network throughout Houston, Texas and the entire United States. This infrastructure is a very important part to success, because without it, the product doesn’t move as efficiently.



The distribution model that we’re using is very similar to the process that most drug dealers use..



“Cook it up in mama’s kitchen and let my kinfolk serve.”



Or like my boy’s from UGK say, “More workers, more workers.” Internet sales have a limitation, because some folks don’t have access, others don’t trust putting their credit card information over the cyber waves and still there’s other folks who don’t even have a credit card that works. That’s why it’s important to setup our local distributors throughout the country (and globe) to serve up the ink that’s flowing from the Southside publishing house known as Servinemup Ink.



God has blessed me to have a large blood family that is down for the cause that I’m pushing and they’re eager to get the books in their hands so that they can distribute a product that’s good for the hood and make a lil change while they’re doing it. We currently have local distributors in 15 cities in 11 different states:


Austin, TX



Port Arthur, TX

Grand Praire, TX

Ville Platte, LA

Mobile, AL

El Dorado, AR

Stone Mountain, GA

St. Louis, MO

Kansas City, MO

Medina, OH

Detroit, MI

Pontiac, MI

Colorado Springs, CO

Lake Forest, CA

With the most recent addition of my cousin Big Keeno (pictured) up in Milwaukee, WI. and we’re steadily reaching out for more potential dealers. So if you're trying to be down, holla at Curvey (tcurvey@servinemup.com or 713.731.4737). Now this is where the plot really thickens.



Whenever you go out into a business venture with another person, you have to have some sort of guidelines set down. Because what may be cool to one person, is definitely not cool with you. I don’t consider myself as a dictator or micro-managing oppressor, but I do have some basic guidelines that Curvey and I make sure all our distributors are aware of. Everyone is required to read the Statement of Faith and above all understand that as for D.Washington and his (publishing) house, we shall serve the LORD.



All those other things that people may do outside of the business of Servinemup Ink is their business. But for those who want to move packs (ya’ll street n’gaz know what I’m talking about) and move books, then you might want to check yourself, because oil and water do not mix.



This isn’t a door to door selling type of things, we do NOT endorse knocking on doors of private residences.



This isn’t a church to church selling thing, we do NOT endorse pushing the product in churches, temples, synagogues or mosques. That’s almost the same as trying to sell dope in a school zone as far as I’m concerned. People in church have already acknowledged a Supreme Being, we’re pushing it to those who are in darkness.



If not for anything else, everyone is charged to respect persons of all faiths. But if they come at you talking that ‘Jesus ain’t really God’, then you are fully charged to let them fools know…in a loving manner of course. If they won’t accept it, then shake that dirt off yo feet and move on.



The target street customers are in public places: barbershops, beauty salons, nail shops, community colleges, rehabilitation centers, book clubs, etc. Places were people aren’t in a rush and may have some time to read something that’s real and that will help promote the health and welfare of fundamental Biblical principles of family and life.



On the other end of the coin, I have to screen and manage all of the potential writers and poets who have work they want to have published through Servinemup Ink. Once again, I have them all read the Statement of Faith and know that we’re not going to publish any material that goes against or expounds a doctrine or gospel other than that of Jesus Christ.


So the wheels are continually turning and on top of all that, my editor has given me a deadline to meet for the final draft of the first book, Real Game. She’s a tough chick from Philadelphia that’s been known to move planes with the sound of her voice, so she’s definitely not the type of person that you'd want to get on her bad side..ya’ll know how crazy those Philly fans are. I’m very glad to have her on the team, because she’s definitely a real player.



But I can’t say thank you enough and I’ve got to let ya’ll know how much I really appreciate the tremendous outpouring of love and support that I’ve received on this venture known as Servinemup Ink. From all of you who have shared the website link with others in your email distribution, to those who have linked my website with theirs, to all of you who show up and read through the writings of a crazy n’ga from the Southside of Houston Texas named D. Washington..I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart. I said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m looking forward to serving ya’ll for awhile.