Friday, June 04, 2004

EDP Consulting Engineers


I know a lot of you are here because you received an email invitation with the link to www.servinemup.com. Welcome! I'm glad that you stepped out on faith and gave me a chance to inform, inspire and entertain you, it's what I do. What's that you say? Who am I? Who is me?? Who I is??? I'm D.

There is no formal protocol around here at servinemup.com, errbody is kinfolk. Oops! I slipped! I can actually write like I have some sense most of the time, but err now and then, that Southside Houston Texas in me comes out. Ooops! I did it again didn't I?? Ya'll gotta watch me mane, I'm slick. Because if you don't keep your eyebrows up and attentive to me??? I might end up slipping you one of those sucker punches upside the brain and the next thing you know you're going to begin understanding why Jesus is real. Notice I said brain, not heart. As much as I attempt, I can't prick your heart, that's what the Holy Spirit does. Everybody can't feel that right there, except those that have already had their hearts pricked, know what um tawkin bout??


Take some time, check out the place. The Recent Articles is definitely the first thing to check to catch you up from the last time you've been here. The Sunday School Lessons is where you can grow stronger with me in that Word. The Southside Classics are the place where all my homies from the hood feel the most comfortable. I've only posted one Recipe, but it's a jammin az etouffee that I got from one of my golf podnas from Abbeville, Louisiana. It's quick and easy too! Don't forget to holla at my boy Season Finale for that flavor, it's GOOD mane, FO-REAL!.


The Guestbook is where people sign in just to say "what's up!" or" I see ya D!" or insert a comment or remark concerning a recent post for all to see. You'll notice that I do use curse words from time to time. Some Christians and other 'church' folk have expressed offense. Sorry if I offend ya kinfolk, but like I say, if you can't handle a couple of ' az's, d'mn, sh'ts and every now and then a mf', then I'm probably not the type of Christian writer you're going to like too much. But check out the Sunday School Lessons! They're 'family' orientated!


I'm working on 'Black Christians', I hope ya'll like it, but until I roll it out, I'll leave ya'll with an email that my closest podna from the hood sent me today. We've been tight ever since we went to middle school together at Lanier, we were Southside pilgrims together over at Booker T. Washington and the High School for Engineering Professions, we both have engineering degrees, we're both married with 2 kids, and we're both mashing trying to fulfill our purpose that God has put us on this earth to do. He owns an engineering consulting firm that provides buyers, owners, leasers, adjusters, and attorneys thorough, reliable, and objective engineering evaluations of commercial and residential properties throughout Texas. Check out another Southside soldier over at EDP Consulting Engineers PLLC. People say that hard headed black boys from the Southside can't make it, but he's another example of what a praying hard working parent can do. He deserves a nice round of applause too, because this Southside.SouthPark.CrestmontPark native son, achieved a feat that very few brothers in Texas, let alone the Southside ever attain. He passed all of his exams this year and he's now a Licensed Professional Engineer for the State of Texas. That Southside is STILL holdin mane!

That's him laying back in the cut and just smiling, but don't let that n'ga fool you. When it's time to go hard in the paint and be about that work?? Hmph..already!! I'll tell you like he says it, "I'm like Roy Jones n'ga, pound for pound.." Mmmhmm, he likes to clown with it, jus like me. That's probably why we've been able to stay so close over such a long period of time. We stay real with each other. Ya'll should try being real with all the people in your life, it's really the only way to live free. Know what um tawkin bout?

So whenever you need professional engineering consulting? EDP!


Looking to buy/sell a house and need to get a professional inspection? EDP!


EDP Consulting Engineers reports provide valuable information on property structure, systems, and environment, necessary to make appropriate and informed decisions. Holla at em mane!! EDP Consulting Engineers PLLC .


To: dwashington@servinemup.com


From: greece@edpce.com


Subject: FW:TWFT June, 3, 2004


I don't know if you get these but this one sounds like you...


"LET EVERY MAN ABIDE IN THE...CALLING WHEREIN HE WAS CALLED." 1 CORINTHIANS 7:20 Fulfilling your calling When Peter preached at Pentecost, 3,000 souls came to Christ. But when Paul preached a guy nodded off, broke his neck and killed himself by falling out of a third story window. Hardly an encouraging sign! But Paul admitted that preaching wasn't his chief calling: "I came to you...timid and trembling...my message and my preaching were very plain" (1Co 2:3-4 NLT). Yet while he mightn't have been the most dynamic speaker in town, God empowered him to raise the man from the dead after he fell out of the window! Listen: "Let every man abide in the...calling wherein he was called." What Paul lacked as a speaker, he more than compensated for as a writer. His pen changed the world. He was responsible for more New Testament doctrine than those who spent every waking minute with Jesus. He judged cities, straightened out fornicators, stopped incest, rebuked idolatry, and established truth. Paul didn't need to preach; he wrote the inspired Word that enabled others to do it. Something so powerful was released through Paul's writings that even when they threw him in jail he didn't ask for a lawyer or a gourmet meal because he was tired of prison food. No, he asked for more paper so that he could keep writing. In fact, Paul wrote all the way to the end of his life. And because he did, souls are still being reached today! What a legacy! And all because one man devoted himself to his calling! Now for the question - are you devoting yourself to yours?